Medical expenses, evacuation and repatriation

We require participants to have travel insurance that covers medical expenses, evacuation and repatriation.

Please ensure that your chosen policy provides sufficient cover for the activities (e.g., trekking or climbing with ropes, crampons and guides) and in the localities in which you will travel.

Comprehensive travel insurance

worldnomads-iconComprehensive travel insurance is often the best option and can protect your investment as well as your personal effects.

Please speak to us about World Nomads (recommended by Lonely Planet) or other suggestions.

For Climbing Expeditions

As many ‘comprehensive’ insurance policies do not provide cover while climbing, we suggest you consider very carefully what policy you have in place. We require that you have a policy that will cover you for trekking and climbing – possibly glacial travel and climbing with fixed ropes. If your policy does not cover this, you could consider supplementing your cover with a policy that does so.

The mountaineering associations of some countries offer climbing insurance for their members (e.g. American Alpine Club, British Mountaineering Council, New Zealand Alpine Club). Australians have fewer options – but check out InsureForLess, their policy with the climbing extension is a viable alternative.

Please read the policy!

Please read the relevant policy details in full and ensure that your chosen policy provides the cover you need.